top of page

Service 1

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font. Feel free to drag and drop me anywhere you like on your page. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.​

Tip: Use this area to describe one of your services. You can change the title to the service you provide and use this text area to describe your service. Feel free to change the image.

The M-1 visa offers a great opportunity for students to train in a positive U.S. environment and strengthen their technical and non-academic skills. The M-1 visa is offered to students who wish to pursue full-time study at an USCIS approved vocational or non-academic school in the United States.


These schools are usually community and junior colleges that offer vocational and technical training or vocational high schools. The schools must prove their international students program will reach certain educational objectives and will not be used to make students work.


Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are allowed to join you in the U.S., under M-2 status. A prospective student’s Form I-20M-N may be used to request an M-2 visa.

If your spouse and/or dependent children are joining you later, they will need to submit Form I-20M-N, endorsed from the school you are attending. M-2 visa holders cannot work while in the U.S. nor engage in full time study. An M-2 child can attend primary or secondary school.




You must be enrolled as a full time student for an academic educational program with the USCIS approved school. You should have the USCIS form I-20 M-N/ID (Certificate of eligibility) issued by the educational institute.




You must submit your visa application form, Form I-20M-N and other required documents at the U.S. Consulate, Consular Office or U.S. Embassy with jurisdiction over your permanent residence.




  • A filled-in appropriate DS visa application Form. Separate applications for each person are compulsory.

  • One recent photograph as per the specification of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering. You may refer to specification on this link

  • A passport, valid for travel to the United States for at least six months longer than your intended visit.

  • A letter of admission from the school you plan to attend.

  • A signed Form I-20M-N.

  • Applicants applying with I-20 forms processed after 1 Sept 2004 are required to provide the SEVIS I-901 fee receipt as proof of payment.

  • Proof of sufficient funds to partake in study in the U.S.

  • Proficiency in English or that s/he will receive training to become proficient

  • Intention to depart the U.S.



M-1 Visa

bottom of page